Monday, January 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday 1-9-12

With all the craziness with work and holidays, I have not been able to blog in a very long time.  My son will be getting married in November so I have started a wedding quilt for him.  Him and his fiance are far from conventional so when I saw this pattern I knew it would be perfect for them.  I plan on quilting it with thread that glows in the dark so that a added surprise shows up when the turn the lights off.  At least that is the plan, by the time its ready for quilting that could change.

My christmas present also arrived this week.  Well half of it.  I found out yesterday that the frame went to my mom's instead of my house so I will have to make a 2 hour drive to pick up the rest.  I didn't consider the size of the frame when I purchased it and now realize that it won't fit in the room where I quilt.  In fact the only place it will fit is in the middle of the living room or middle of my bedroom.  So now I am trying to talk my husband who is fixing to start building him a shop to build me a quilting studio while he is building.  We will see how that goes but I am sure a quilting studio will be in progress as soon as the shop is done :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the quilt and recognize lots of those blacks and whites!v

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great black and white quilt. They should love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding quilt is great and the glow in the dark thread will be a hit. What is that pattern?

    ReplyDelete