Monday, August 15, 2011

Design Wall

This past Week I have been working on quilting quilts and making fabric postcards to show my guild so my design wall is pretty empty at the moment.  The one on the left is the postcard I am working on now.  I thought it would be interesting to have use the salvages I have been saving as the background.  This one is still in the play stage and I am not certain that this will be the final product because I change my mind with every step.  The one on the right is ready to mail and I did it as a reminder that we should never forget to PLAY no matter our age. :)




The next two are the quilts I quilted this week.  The first is the Saints one that my brother in law requested. I quilted it with footballs and then quilted Saints and Who Dat in Script between the footballs. I have to finish hand sewing the binding down and it will be on its way.  The one to right is a charity quilt that I quilted for my mom for our guild.  I named this one ARE WE THERE YET?  I quilted it with panto from Ann Bright that has planes, trains, truck, and helicopters.  We have to each do two this year for the local charity we are giving them too.  She is doing the piecing and I am doing the quilting.  We have one more left to do so as soon as she finishes the piecing it will be going up.
After while crocidile, it is off to work I go.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, we are a team. I am a SLOW piecer and you are a slow quilter b/c you are so busy. But we get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet quilts!! Love the Saints one and the quilting is very cool.

    ReplyDelete