Thursday, August 25, 2011

Design wall on Thursday

Life is keeping me pretty busy as usual along with work.  I have been able to sew a little here and there in the evenings.  I am in the process of moving my quilting area to the bigger back room along with my quilting short arm frame and my daughter.  Its gonna take a while as our weekends are full for the next 3 weeks. 

I decided it was time to get my son's graduation quilt done so I can get it on the frame before he graduates.  He wanted a White M for his name on a green background.  The school colors are green, white and black.  He requested CLASS of 2012 quilted in the M.  I am not sure how that will go but we will see when we get to that point. I found some green Wolves fabric (school Mascot) in my stash and I have stuck those in the green area.  The look is totally scrappy to add interest. For now this is how far I have gotten.  Its gonna be bigger than the other two grad quilts I have made because he is over 6' tall.

I am also working on making fronts for fabric postcards.  I am doing a demonstration on how to do them to our guild next month.  So that noone has to bring a sewing machine I am doing the front backgrounds, then I will bring all kinds of do dads and stuff for them to add to them and show them how to finish them up in the hopes that when everyone leaves the meeting they will have a fabric postcard ready to mail.  I have the seven below done.  only 18 more to go............I try to squeeze one in every day.  well off to work

No comments:

Post a Comment