Friday, August 5, 2011

A couple of finishes

My quilt top from our guilds Saturday class is done.  It is growing on me a little bit.  My DH was arguing with me that I wasn't done and I kept telling him it was the pattern.  He didn't believe me until I puled out the Pardigm Shift pattern and showed him the picture.  lol


My husband likes the log cabin look I guess you would say.  We are slowly but surely redoing the living room.  We have very light wood paneling on most of the walls up and the in last two weeks have laid down new hardwood floors.  Our sofas are brown.  There is no color so determined to add some life to the brown I sat down Monday evening for about 3 hours with a box of 4 inch brown and teal squares and sewed.  I completed the center and on Tuesday evening I added the borders.  This is the result.  A very easy and simple quilt but oh so pretty.  I love it and with the remaining teal and brown stirpe I used for the inner border I will make a few throw pillows and I think they will make a great addition to the room once finished. 

Wednesday and Thursday I was in Houston working at our office there.  So there was no sewing and this weekend I need to be quilting as I have to finish the saiints one on the machine and quilt mom's two quilts and hopefully try to get one more of mine on before she brings me more since I think I remember her teling me she has a few more ready to quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment