Monday, July 25, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 7/25/11



This is what is on my design wall - well actually design floor.  I have been working on trying to get rid of alot of my scraps.  This is the second scrap quilt I have made from them but just like the first it just never seems to make a dent in the scraps.  They seem to multiply in the process.  I am trying to make this a King Size quilt for my bed.  I have 162 blocks done so far and looking at it I think I need 162 more.  Since these blocks are so easy to make they go rather quickly as long as I find time to sit at the sewing maching.

Saturday I will be working on the blocks to make Paradigm Shift by Janelle Cedusky which appeared in McCalls Quilting May/June 2010.  Mine is going to be pink/brown version.  I couldn't wait for Saturday to see what the block would look like so I made a test one.  I hope by the end of the day to have a finished flimsy that can go in the pile with the rest of the flimsy's that are waiting for me to quilt. 
Well off to work.  After while Crocidile

4 comments:

  1. I love the brown and pink: gonna be a beautiful quilt. I need to make something like that. But the scrappy quilt is so fun. All those bright colors, how will you ever sleep under it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rail Fence is one of my all time favorite quilts and yours is looking fantastic. I totally agree: what is it about scrap quilts that they never make as much of a dent in the scrap pile as they should?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your rail fence. I posted one today also!

    www.weekendwisdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rail fence looks great, I had a lot of fun making mine using the scrap basket! and no it never seemed to go down! Nice to see people making their version of my quilt in AP and Q
    Thanks for sharing
    kathie

    ReplyDelete