Monday, February 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 02/07/11

I have the same thing on my design wall.  Braids from Bonnie Hunters Texas Braid Class.  Last week I had 4 done.  I have mangaged to get two more completed and there are two about 80% done on the sewing machine.  I am making this for my step-son who is a lil over 6' to use in the camper when we go camping.  I had originally thought that 70" would be long enough to cover his toes and body but he informed me he needed it longer to cover his whole body so he showed me how tall he wanted it and I have had to go in to each row and add braids.  It is now almost 80" long.  So with the 8 I have that would make it 48" wide so I think I need 2 more braids to make the width 60" and that will be good.

I finished quilting the blue and yellow quilt.  The quilt is not one of mom. My mom's friend pieced it and I just quilted it.  I love the way it turned out and I hope she is just as happy with it.  I quilted it with a panto from Anne Bright. It is a wedding gift and I think the flowers and hearts are fitting.  Well off to work.  I have a busy week this week with work and kids and hopefully some sewing somewhere in between.  After while crocidile.





9 comments:

  1. Love your Texas Braid, Beautiful coloring..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to have you in class!! I clapped for joy when I saw your post this morning!

    Happy Quilting!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your french braid, sounds like you needed a shorter step-son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love BOTH of your projects. The texas braid is on my list. I have found my family loves QUEEN size quilts to snuggle in. It's not that we are huge people. They just want to be TOTALLY snuggled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the braids!! The quilting on the blue and yellow quilt is amazing, they are going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great braids...it will be a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The braided quilt looks really wonderful! My son is 6'3 1/2" and requested a quilt that he could spread his arms out and not be out of the quilt, so that meant a 90" width! That was a monster to quilt on my DSM :)

    The blue and yellow quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheesh - tell him to curl up LOL - I like the colors you are using!

    ReplyDelete