Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Work In Progress - Tuesday

I finished my first complete quilt on the Mid-arm.  Yippee.  It would normally take me two
months on my sewing machine to quilt a lap size quilt b/c I couldn't do it for very long without my shoulders and hands hurting me so I had to take alot of breaks.  It took me a total of 5.5 hours to quilt a lap size quilt on the mid-arm.  2.5 the first night and 3 the second night.  It looks great.  I have a bunch of tops ready to go and was ready to put another one on but I have no batting so this weekend I will be making the hour run into Baton rouge to get me some so I can spend the rest of the weekend quilting.


I also am gonna  organize my sewing area of my room this weekend.  I had an old drafting table (I am a drafter by day) at my job that I had forgot about.  They were cleaning out some stuff there and asked me if i wanted to keep it or throw it away.   I looked at it and thought it would make a good cutting table.  So I am going to clean my area and organize everything so i can fit in the table.  I'll take a pic of the after when I am done.


While waiting for the weekend to get here i am back to work on the unicorn quilt for my co-workers wife.  I have three out for the 12 i need so my goal is to get it all done by friday so I can start quilting it on Saturday.

After while Crocidile

No comments:

Post a Comment