Monday, November 22, 2010

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 11/22/10

Quilting on mom quilt
Animal Print Quilt
Not much has changed much on my design wall.  I wasn't able to get much sewing done this week/weekend.  I did make some progress on my animal print quilt.  Finished the center section and now I am working on the borders.  I have a few more to add and will hopefully get that finished this week. 

My mom also gave me some quilts to quilt on the midarm machine she gave me that I call Phylis.  She now refers to me as her quilter on her blog which sounds funny.  I am still learning with Phylis her likes and dislikes.  Needless to say she doesn't like the batting mom sent with the quilt so she is giving me alot of trouble but since the quilt is just a everyday use quilt mom says the problems I am having are ok.  I guess its better to learn all this on her and my quilts then on someone elses. 

Friday was my anniversary and most of the weekend was spent getting ready for this.  My DH had a friend who had this camper sitting for last four years for sale.  It was a very very good price and the inside and outside were in good shape.  We thought we would have to make some repairs on it since it had been sitting for so long.  It looked like the awning had holes but we unrolled it and cleaned it and watertested it and there were no leaks.  Also at first the A/C wasn't working but with a lil oil and some tenderloving presto it works now.  So it became a real steal.  Can't wait to go camping in it but DH says that I have to wait till it warms ups so he has time to practice backing it up and moving it around the yard.


3 comments:

  1. Tell DH that he needs to haul it to Lawtell for the weekend between christmas and new years. We will be having a bbq and bonfire if the weather is dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DH and I are fulltime RVers; I love wintertime living -- we stay so snug! Congrats on your anniversary and your great purchase. Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and what a great gift you two gave each other. Winter camping can be fun and you trailer looks like it would have a heater so I say, get him out there practicing and go camping.

    ReplyDelete