Monday, September 13, 2010

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 9/13/10

So there is not much on my design wall.  I haven't got back on the saints quilt yet but I have been working on my charity quilt-as-u-go.  I am adding the borders now and will do the hand work on my way to my son's boot camp grad at beginning of the month.

My birthday was Friday and I found out my mom is giving me her mid-arm (she is looking at getting herself a computerized long arm).  I don' t have room for it in my room where my quilting takes place.  So I got my daughter a new twin size bed to replace the queen she had and had my DH put that up yesterday and voila instant room for the mid-arm. Its not alot of space but hopefully soon my DH will get the hint that my quilting is taking over and build my additional room I want.... My daughter was happy b/c she loves her new bed.  Since her birthday was Wednesday before mine she says we both got presents from MaCe.  Of course my DH said that MaCe's present ended up costing him dearly this year since he had to buy the bed and spend 5 hours putting it together.  lol But my daughter doesn't mind sharing her room as she thinks she will be able to help me on the mid-arm

Well thats it for me till next time.  After while Crocidile.

2 comments:

  1. Guess what!- it hasn't stopped costing him. I plan to work him over here getting my area for my studio ready. We all know that DH(Pape) needs motivation from male sources! I am glad that my DGD loves her bed and my #1DD will have a place for the midarm although I think that a room change would have been ideal. Also I get my hand quilting frame back although I may not use it much (my hands still don't like hand quilting for long periods of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice Mom to upgrade you when she is upgrading herself. You will really enjoy having that at home where you can work on it when you want (except when DD is sleeping). ;-)

    ReplyDelete