Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Moving along


Well progress is being made. Slowly but surely. I have started the free motion part of the quilt. This is only my second attempt at it. My tension is giving me problems but for the most part its going ok. I am a hands on type of person and like to learn as I go and this is definitely a learning experience. The backing is flannel and i probably should have removed the tidbits of string it picked up before the picture but you get the jist of it. Can you see the fleur de lis?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are getting the hang of free motion. Most people start with stippling but not my daughter. Start with the hardest and progress to the easiest is my child's motto. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To get help with free motion quilting try watching video at 365 Days of Free Motion ( http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing a great job, more than I can do. On the question about the fabric being available just drop me a line. I'm now hooked up to get emails from commenters.

    ReplyDelete