Sunday, June 1, 2014

Quilting again



Now that baseball and school is over I have been able to get some sewing and quilting time in even with spending two weeks a month away from home.  Here is what I have accomplished in last two weeks. 


The wonky log cabin top above is made from strings cut off fabric when straightening the edge.  I finished all the blocks and sewed it together. All it needs now is the border. This will be used by our guests when camping. 


Since I can't seem to throw away any little bit of fabric my scraps are taking over so I started another camper quilt using my 2-1/2 strips. This is a quick and easy block. I have 25 of the blocks made and the strips for the remaining blocks sewed together. My daughter has claimed this one as her camper quilt and even tested to make sure it was long enough to cover her.  



I finished quilting DH Dorothy quilt.  I had made another one and this is made from all the scraps I had left.  He wanted a Dorothy quilt to lay under.  My name is Dorothy so I guess I can be close to him even when I am away working. 



And finally I loaded my moms top and started the quilting on it. She wanted sea shells in the setting triangles. This is my first time doing the pebble filler and by the time I got to the starfish the pebbles were looking better. 


 
I also started and finished a small Wall hanging yesterday but can't show it yet. 

I think I have been very productive in the last two weeks. So glad to be able to do some quilting again. 

2 comments:

  1. You sure have been productive, Dorothy. You have a magical way of using up your scraps to make beautiful tops I love the Dorothy quilt. Wizard of Oz is my fave movie! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete