Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday

This is the block currently on my design wall.  Its made from the 18" squedge ruler.  I made the table runner on the left from the pattern included with the ruler and decided to modify it and make a quilt.  The blocks finish 16-1/2" so the quilt should come together pretty quickly.  I had fun playing and figuring out how to cut my strips and position ruler to match the idea in my head.  Now that the hard part is done and the block is the way i want it so its time to get working on the rest of the blocks.

7 comments:

  1. Oh boy - that is truly stunning....googling "squedge ruler" now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I like the multi-colored quilt a lot, I love love LOVE the blue squares! I've never heard of this ruler and need to check it out! Beautiful!

    BLM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard of it either until one of our guild members who owns quilt shop showed her table runner (done in purples) to the guild. i knew then i needed to get it.

      Delete
  3. That block is amazing, the colours you have chosen really make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindo trabalho
    parabéns pela delicadeza
    beijos
    Joelma

    ReplyDelete