Monday, May 23, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I have gotten alot accompished this weekend.  There are very few times I can say that.  Below is the quilt I have been working on as Leader and ender project while I sew other quilts.  I love this idea of working on two at one time since I somehow can't say focused on one project at a time. I have 4 of the 6 rows together.  Its 100% from my scraps which seem to be multiplying instead of reducing.   My family members are recipients of all the scrap quilts I make.  As soon as the kids see one being made they start discussing who will get it.  This one will go in our camper for them to use.




My brother-in-law asked me to make a Saints quilt for him to give to his uncle.  I wanted a simple pattern that I could showcase the Saints fabric with and also one that didn't take a lot of time since my to-do-list is ever growing. I found it with the Warm Wishes pattern.  I was able to make the top in two days (on and off sewing).  I love it.  I have to make a few charity quilts for the guild and this will be the pattern I use.  This pattern goes together very quickly and it turns a large scale print into a beautiful quilt.


I also finished the Sunshine and shadow quilt I was working on below and it is now on the machine being quilted.   It was a busy busy week but the weekend turned out to be the most rewarding with all the finishes I was able to accomplish. 



Stop by  Judy L Design Wall Mondayfor more great inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. I love scrap quilts! Okay, I love to make them but I hate to quilt them. Maybe I should start making smaller ones,huh? I like the orange and blues in this one. It just makes it feel happy! Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrap quilts are wonderful. I have to say that I love the leader ender concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrappy is best in my book! Kudos for getting so many great projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sports quilt...is an inspiration...I have some sports fabric and this would be a good pattern to use!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete