Monday, March 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 3-7-11

I have just finished my braids quilt from Bonnie Hunter Workshop. It will go on the ironing board next and then in the waiting pile of tops ready to be quilted.  This one will be for my 6'-1" stepson to put on his bed.  I had made one for my stepdaughter and son to go in the camper but after listening to them complain about how they wanted them for their beds I have let them keep them on their beds in their rooms.  My stepson then complained that he needed one for his bed b/c he likes to sleep completely under the covers from head to toe and the blankets I had on his bed just weren't big enough for that.  So now they all have quilts for their beds and I have to start back from square one to make them quilts for the camper.






The next quilt I am working on is another one for my stepson.  Every year mom and I make grad quilts for my kids, nieces and nephews.  Next year we have my stepson and my niece graduating.  I am making my stepsons quilt and mom is making my nieces, however I believe I am quilting both so I am getting started on mine so it can be done and ready before hand.  I designed the below quilt for him.  Its simple its an M that stands for his name Micah and also the school MHS.  The school colors are green, white, and black.  The mascot is Wolves.  I have incorporated the qreen and white in the quilt and the quilting will be in the black.  There will be paw prints quilted in the green and in the white M the words CLASS OF 2012 will be quilted.  I think it will look great.  I am trying to use alot of my stash this year instead of purchasing fabrics.  I have so many and with prices going up I need to use what I have before buying more.  Although I did have to purchase some of the white tone on tones for this quilt since I didn't have much in my stash all the greens came from there including the wolves on green fabric that I had left over for some pajama pants I had made the boys.

Well off to work.  We are off tomorrow for Mardi Gras and insted of going to parades I am going to be spending it in the quilting room trying to finish quilting my mom's top for my sister.  After while Crocidle.

3 comments:

  1. Love your braid quilt. The red is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the braid quilt. You're making two quilts for this stepson, right? He's one lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete