Monday, December 30, 2013

2014 is going to be a year of finishes

I have been out of the blog world.  Life has been just way too busy.  I have been cleaning and organizing my quilt studio and it's finally going in a direction I am happy with.  Since my quilting machine takes up most of the floor room in my 10' x 20' building, I have put cubicle shelves up along the roof which saves floor space and let's me organize my fabric in color groups and other items which were just piled on the floor.  I always knew I had a lot of half finished projects and I quilted tops but I didn't know exactly how many till I started organizing and there are ALOT.  So my 2014 goal is to finish and quilt as many of my unfinished projects and tops as I can.  I won't say I won't start anything new because I know that won't happen but I am going to set a goal to finish one of my UFO tops a month and quilt at least one of the tops a month.  This year will be a year of finishes and of blogging.


This is the top I am setting goal to finish in January.  It could be called done if I wanted but it is very long (I think I was making it for my over 6' tall son) but it is way too narrow for the length. So I am going to add some more rows to make it wider and more proportioned to the length.

This is the top I am setting goal to quilt for January.  I am going to do an all over pattern that shouldn't take to long to quilt and won't interfere with other quilting I need to get done for others.  Starting off easy in January lol that way I don't overwhelm myself and not accomplish anything.




1 comment: